2.14.2008

8 hour work day; 9 hour commute!


Wow! I almost slept in the Thanksgiving Point movie theater last night! Utah was sooo snowed in that I left work at 4pm and didn't get home till just after midnight. THe roads were so bad that they closed a few of them so I couldn't even get to a friend's house, and of course I was running low on gas, so I decided to pull off the freeway (I was only.5 miles away from the nearest exit which happened to have a gas station), 45 minutes later, I still wasn't there! There was a movie theater right by the gas station, so I drove up there next (30 minute drive), and sat and watched movies with all the other stranded people until the roads opened up. I brought in blankets from the car, and some other lady had a sheet set from bed bath and beyond, so she opened that up. And of course everyone is trying to call everyone else so all the phone lines were jammed. And the lights were blinking on and off. Creepy. Oh, and the wind was so strong and the roads so icy that it literally blew my car off the road. That's when I made the decision to hand out in the movie theater. Glad to be home.

3 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

WOW! That is some crazy weather!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it home safe girl - that is scary!! Lucky you were near a movie theatre!

Derek said...

We were at Disneyland and missed that storm of the Century. Glad you had a place to wait it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails